Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Golden Birthday Shout Out

That's right it's Kymberly's 27th on the 27th. And it gets to happen far away in West Africa. We have had a fun Christmas and birthday for Kym, both of which we spent at "home" in Karaga. For Christmas our fellow PCV Andy came to stay with us to celebrate. We were given a couple of Guinea fowl and were able to grill them and enjoy a good Christmas BBQ. Kym's birthday started out quiet but later turned out to be quite an event. Her birthday turned out to also be the night of the Fire Festival signifying the start of a new year. On this night the whole village comes out to burn whatever they can. Fire is brought to the chief's palace where everyone then lights their "torch" and we all walk to the end of town to dump the fire into the bush. It certainly made for an eventful evening and a memorable birthday. If there is anyone who deserves special treatment (i.e. fire on their birthday) it is my wife. Kym has been and amazing wife to have and a friend to be proud of. The amount of love that is in Ghana must of doubled in size when Kym arrived. She is so giving of herself to anyone in need and is already like a village mom to all the children of Karaga. Kym you're amazing!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh this is the sweetest message ever!!! Glad y'all had a wonderful time for Kym's birthday...can't wait to see you soon!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

Audra said...

That's so sweet Cam, it made me cry! I totally agree with you. Kym, you are one amazing person and I love you so much!

Cameron and Kymberly Tuckfield said...

Awww...thanks hun! That made me cry too! I have to say I'm pretty darn lucky to have an amazing husband myself. This adventure wouldn't be half as fun (or even doable) without Cam by my side. Cam, I'm so proud to call you my own. Kym

Shelley Graham said...

Sorry we missed your birthday Kym. We love you tons and bunches! You really are as amazing as Cam says you are.

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Birthday Kym! My cousin had her first little girl on your birthday at 5:27 in the morning! Must be a great day. Glad to hear that y'all enjoyed your Christmas away and Kym's birthday! Have a wonderful new year! Shanna :)