Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Songs of Ghana

It can't possibly be getting to April!!! Everything is still chugging along. Last week a Ghanaian friend of ours had us over for dinner. He is not from the Northern Region so his Dagboni is not much better than ours. His fiance was in town from Cape Coast so we were able to have our first couple double date. During the course of the evening our friend began to play us some of his favorite music when Kym and I did not recognize a song by Einrique Iglesias. His ipod on shuffle would consist of Phil Collins, Michael Bolton and Einrique Iglesias just to name a few. He is especially fond of Michael Bolton. It reminded me of a movie quote : "I celebrate the guys entire album...for me it just doesn't get any better then when he sings When a Man Loves a Woman". It seems this genre is very popular in Ghana. You can't go an entire day with out hearing some Celine Deon. Sometimes Ghana can be very funny.

2 comments:

The O'Learys said...

I don't know if this went through or not the first time. HELLO from Aiken!!! It's Jenny O'Leary. Your Mom gave me the info to find you. She wants me to show the kids the pics and I will. Brady will be interested in the "latrine" instruction guide. Hope you all are well. By the pics it certainly looks like you keep busy. What an adventure. I'm so proud of you both. Hugs for now. Jenny

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!

When I was reading your entry, I could perfectly imagine Cam saying that quote from Office Space! Hilarious! Made me miss you guys tons. :) Glad to hear that all is going well...Matt and I have started doing devotionals at night and there are entries from people all over the world in the little book we use. The other night, the entry was written by a man from Accra! How crazy is that...and I actually knew where that was! I said an extra prayer for you! :)
Hope to hear from y'all soon!!

Love you lots,
Katie :)