Saturday, July 4, 2009

Exciting News

So... there is some exciting news that Kym and I would like to share with everyone. We have just bought tickets to two WORLD CUP matches in SOUTH AFRICA with some Peace Corps friends. The games will be next June and we are not sure yet who we are going to see, as it is not final who has qualified. We are super excited and just wanted to let everyone know so they could be jealous and look for us in the stands during the games. Our games are going to be on the east coast in a surfing town called Durban. We have yet to work out the logistics (i.e. hotel, plane tickets, enough money to pay for it all...yikes) but we can't wait!!!! GO USA!!!!!!

On a side note the poles have closed and it looks like clean shaven has won by a landslide with over 62% of the votes. So it appears that I will remain shaving for as long as I can stand it. Thanks to all of you who voted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, you two better stay healthy now! I agree with Kath...we need to send y'all some wet ones! :) Glad to hear everybody is okay now...and I have to say that Matt is going to be SO JEALOUS when he hears that you get to go to two World Cup games!!!!!!!!!!! (I'm even jealous and I'm nowhere the soccer fan that he is!) Take lots of pictures...miss and love you both!!!

Katie :)

Shelley Graham said...

guys, i'm so sorry that you've been sick! probably best not to tell our moms, but still! sheesh. hope you are really feeling as good as you say you are. we've been traveling everywhere and it's been crazy, so sorry the blog wasn't updated. soon...

love you lots and lots and lots!

Britnie said...

Hey Guys,

So glad to hear you are feeling beter. You guys are amazing troopers and I'm sure the experience itself will pay you back 10,000-fold for the rest of your lives.

Ok, I'm done waxing poetic. I've just spent a pleasant 20 minutes looking at all your pictures. I have one thing to say: if you guys make t-shirts with pictures of the pooping signs (the ones which encourage sitting on the crapper, not hanging out above it), you will make a million dollars. I hate to bring too much American consumerism your way, but I think you should seriously consider becoming poop-direction-t-shirt moguls.

Cam--I'd love to know how you liked My Sister's Keeper (hee, hee).

You guys are saints.
Much love,
Britnie (and Ian by proxy)